DME5000 is a broadcast digital modulator designed for satellite uplink and terrestrial microwave links.
It supports both ASI and IP inputs.
It supports QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM, 16APSK, 32APSK modulation schemes.
- Digital satellite Uplinks for Distribution, Contribution, DSNG / ENG Mobile news gathering
- Digital Microwave Links (Mobile and STL)
Featuring modular construction allowing for easily removable boards and modules, using SMD technology it achieves high reliability and comprehensive system flexibility – all at reduced size.
The modulator board, the key component of the DME5000, is based on a single FPGA and is compliant with the ETSI DVB-S standard EN 300 421; DVB-DSNG EN 301 210; DVB-S2 EN 302 307 for Broadcast and DSNG applications.
A key function of the modulator is the digital nonlinear pre-correction with the possibility to store and recall set configurations. This function allows to correct the amplitude and phase vs. level distortions introduced by the high power amplifiers (HPAs), therefore increasing output power, MER and shoulders performances.
- Compliant with: DVB-S standard ETSI EN 300 421; DVB-DSNG standard ETSI EN 301 210; DVB-S2 standard ETSI EN 302 307 for Broadcast and DSNG applications. Supports all modulation schemes (QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK), all code rates (both mandatory and optional), CCM (Constant Coding and Modulation), normal FEC-frame, Dummy frame Insertion, all roll-off factors and null packet deletion/insertion.
- Synthesized IF output @ 70MHz or “L” Band (950 – 1750 MHz)
- Digital non linear pre-corrector to correct the amplitude and phase vs. level distortions normally introduced by the high power amplifiers (HPAs), increasing output power, MER and shoulders performances
- 2 ASI inputs with manual or automatic near seamless switching
- Optional GbE interface input for MPEG TS over IP (ProMpeg COP#3 rel.2)
- Automatic Transport Stream adaptation with PCR time restamping
- 10 MHz internal reference clock oscillator
- Optional “oven” high-stability” 10 MHz reference oscillator locked to GPS signal
- Optional BISS-1/E encryption
- User-friendly local control with front panel LCD display and keypad
- RS485; Ethernet 10/100 Base-T (SNMP and web server support) remote control interface option.
- LAN interface (Ethernet 10/100 Base-T – RJ45 connector) in addition to RS485
- User friendly web server securely protected with username / password (with 3 different control levels) able to read and set all equipment parameters for local and remote management and diagnostics (TCP/IP protocol)
- SNMP AGENT able to send alerts (traps), read equipment parameters (e.g. the modulator status through the “get” command), manage the equipment (e.g. to reset through the “set” command)
- Control board software (firmware) remotely upgradeable
- Event logger (register all alarms, switch-on, faults, etc. with date and time log) with the capacity to store over 5,000 events that can be downloaded through the embedded web server.
- e-mail client to automatically notify, via e-mail (to pre-registered e-mail addresses) variations in the alarm conditions.
DME5000 General Block Diagram:
- DME5000 – DVB-S/S2/DENG Modulator with 70 MHz output
- DME5000L – DVB-S/S2/DENG Modulator with L-band output (950-1750 MHz)
OPT-GBE – Ethernet input (T.S. over IP)
OPT-BISS – BISS-1/E encryption
OPT-MST – Multistream support for DVB-S2 – up to 6 TS
OPT-10M – “Oven” high stability 10MHz reference oscillator, external reference, GPS locked reference
OPT-BPS – Power supply for BUC (24V 1.9A)
Please download the datasheet above to view the latest specifications.