- 3G/HD/SD-SDI and Analog (Composite) inputs
- Embedded and Analog Audio inputs
- 2 IP streaming ports and 2 ASI outputs
- UDP/RTP Unicast and Multicast streaming
- Direct HTTP streaming, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- RTMP streaming (compatible with Adobe Flash players)
- Closed Captions SD and HD support
- Separate IP ports for streaming and control
NOVUS-Gx Rear Panel
NOVUS-G1 – Single-Channel Encoder (one channel activated)
NOVUS-G2 – Dual-Channel Encoder (two channels activated)
- Contribution and Distribution
- Professional Broadcasting
- Video Distribution over IP backbones
- IPTV headends
- High-Quality OTT generation
The NOVUS is a feature-rich high performance broadcast single-channel or dual-channel H.264 MPEG-4 AVC HD/SD video encoder that delivers up to 20 individual or simulcast HD/SD channels in a completely hot-swappable, stackable, and fault tolerant chassis.
Operators can take advantage to deliver multiple High Definition and Standard Definition video services
simultaneously with NOVUS unique video encoding design.
DFR-8321 openGear chassis
10 NOVUS-Gx cards (up to 20 channels) installed in a 2RU DFR-8321 openGear chassis
Based on the openGear architecture the NOVUS has been designed to meet the demanding requirements of the IPTV, professional broadcast, enterprise video delivery, streaming video markets.
NOVUS encoder is equipped with the latest advances in video compression technology to deliver unsurpassed video quality at ultra low bitrates.
Simultaneous support of DVB-ASI, broadcast video over IP, RTMP and HTTP Live Streaming allows content to be freely distributed over virtually any video network.
• Single or Dual-Channel model. Fits into any openGear chassis.
• Video Inputs: Analog (Composite), SD-SDI, HD-SDI, and 3G-SDI, software selectable.
• Audio Inputs: unbalanced analog stereo L/R, SDI embedded digital stereo, balanced XLR (on
request). Optional support for second stereo pair (available for NOVUS-G1).
• Outputs: 2 ASI ports and 2 Ethernet ports, supporting 100 Mb/s and 1 Gb/s operation.
• Replication: each encoded stream can be replicated on both ASI ports and 4 times on Ethernet port.
• Support for UDP/RTP on Ethernet, Unicast and Multicast.
• Support for RTMP streaming (compatible with Adobe Flash Players)
• Support for Direct HTTP streaming and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
• Support for SMPTE 2022 FEC on Ethernet (optional).
• Closed-Captioning support (both EIA-608 and EIA-708 captions).
• AFD extraction and insertion support.
• Audio Encoding support: MPEG-1 Layer II and AAC-LC
• Support for pre-compressed Dolby AC-3 pass-through embedded in SDI inputs.
• Built-in multiplexer for Dual-Channel model: each output can be configured to carry either encoder as a Single Program Transport Stream (SPTS), or both encoders as a Multi Program Transport Stream (MPTS).
• Two internal test packet generators (which can be used to generate ASI or IP test streams).
• Management and Control via openGear chassis
– 3G-SDI (SMPTE 424M)
– HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M)
– SD-SDI (SMPTE 259M) with EDH
– Analog (Composite) video (PAL/NTSC)
– SD-SDI 625 & 525 line standards
Connectors: BNC 75 Ohm,
RCA (with BNC-to-RCA adapter)
– Embedded SDI (one stereo pair per video)
– Unbalanced Analog L/R, RCA
– Balanced 600 Ohm XLR (on request)
– Dolby Digital AC3 pass through
– Optional second stereo pair (for NOVUS-G1)
Settable bit rate
– 500kbps to 30Mbps
Single/Dual Channel HD Video
– MPEG-4 AVC High profile at level 4.2 (HP@L4.2)
– MPEG-4 AVC High profile at level 4.0 (HP@L4.0)
– CBR & VBR
Single/Dual channel SD Video
– MPEG-4 AVC Main profile at level 3.0 (MP@L3.0)
– CBR & VBR
– UDP/IP (Unicast and Multicast)
– RTP/IP (Unicast and Multicast)
– SMPTE-2022 FEC (Pro-MPEG Cop3), row and column support (optional)
– RTMP (compatible with Adobe Flash players)
– HTTP Live Streaming (HLS): populates an external web server through FTP or SFTP
– Built-in HTTP web server for small scale direct HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
– Direct HTTP Streaming: encodes directly to an HTTP connection
– Automatically generates web pages with a video window for all supported modes (VLC plug in required)
Physical & Power
Dimensions (openGear chassis)
– 2RU (W x D x H) 483 x 400 x 89mm
– Desktop or 1RU rack mountable tray available – 3 modules per tray
– 6 Watts per channel
– Hot swappable 100-250 VAC 47-63Hz
– Self cooled 150W max
– Second hot swappable PSU (optional)
– 1080 x 1920p – 60/50/23.98
– 1080 x 1920/1440i – 25/29.97/30/59.94/60/50
– 720 x 1280p/960 – 50/59.94/60
– 960 x 540 – 25/29.97
– 480 x 720/704/640/528 – 29.97
– 720 x 480p – 25/29.97/30
– 640 x 360p – 25/29.97/50/59.94
– 576 x 720/704/640/528 – 25
– 720 x 576p – 25
– 480×270, 320×240, 320×180
– MPEG-1 layer II, one stereo pair per video (optional second stereo pair available for NOVUS-G1)
– Dolby® Digital AC-3 pass-through
– MPEG-4 AAC-LC, one stereo pair per video (optional second stereo pair available for NOVUS-G1)
– Lip sync adjustment
– Advanced adaptive spatial filtering
– Closed Captions CEA 608B & CEA-708C
Streaming Network Interface
– 2x 100/1000Base-T RJ-45 ports, auto-negotiate or fixed speed
– 2x DVB-ASI ports
– 213Mbit/s maximum ASI TS bit-rate per port
Management and Control
– 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45)
– Configuration import/export
– Visual fault warning
– In-band and out-of-band control
– Datasafe automated card configuration
– SNMP v1,v2
– Accurate bit rate control
– Startup to streaming under 45 Sec
Operating Temperature: 0°Cto 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
– CE: CE marked in accordance with 93/68/ EEC (22/07/03) Directive
– UL: UL approval
– US FCC: Part 15
– EMC: EN55022, EN55024, EN6100-3-2
NOVUS-G1 – Single-Channel H.264 SD encoder card
NOVUS-G2 – Dual-Channel H.264 SD encoder card
OPT-1080i – support for 720p and 1080i encoding
OPT-1080p – support for 720p, 1080i and 1080p encoding
OPT-FEC – support for SMPTE 2022 FEC on Ethernet
OPT-2AUD – support for second audio stereo pair (available for NOVUS-G1)
DFR-8321-CN – 20 slot 2RU chassis with fans, controller card, single PSU.
Holds up to 10 NOVUS cards (up to 20 channels)
DFR-8300 – redundant hot-swappable PSU
OPT-SNMP – SNMP support