Point-to-Point Video/Audio Transport over the Internet with existing IPTV encoder/decoder
Put your Existing UDP/RTP Encoders/Decoders on the Internet
Today most H.264 and MPEG-2 Broadcast Video Encoders come standard with MPEG-2 Transport Stream based UPD/RTP IP output. While working fine on LAN IP encoders/decoders do not provide high quality of video over the internet.
The Internet was not designed to work with large amounts of time sensitive video data. The nature of the IP (Internet Protocol) allows for the possibility of dropped data packets, out of order delivery of data, delayed data, and other transmission problems. These problems can introduce loss of video, video artifacts and severe video delay, all of which are unacceptable to TV viewers that are accustomed to near flawless viewing experience. This makes the Internet to be a far less than ideal medium for the transmission of live video. On a LAN where the network is controlled, the network conditions are as perfect as ideally possible so error correction is not a priority, but when dealing with the Internet one should never expect perfect conditions. Therefore having reliable error correction features on your equipment is an absolute must.
ADARQ IP Gateway was specifically made with the Internet in mind. Most of the problems described above are mitigated by using the patented ARQ error correction. The concept behind ARQ is simple: every time a packet is not delivered to the receiver, the receiver asks the transmitting device to resend those packets. This guarantees that no video is lost.
ADARQ IP Gatway provides true error recovery. Every lost packet gets resent, nothing is lost. This allows it to work on less than perfect networks, including wireless, WAN, microwave. It allows using your existing encoders and equipment! If your equipment supports UDP IP output it will work with ADARQ IP Gateway. If your equipment only supports DVB-ASI output then you can use a relatively inexpensive DVB-ASI converter such as DTE-3120.
ADARQ also supports SRT and RIST.
Benefits and Features
• Enables high-quality video transport over any IP network, including wireless networks and the public Internet.
ADARQ-Tx receives UDP or RTP IP video-audio stream with HD/SD H.264 or MPEG2; outputs IP streams with ARQ, RIST or SRT.
ADARQ-Rx receives IP stream with ARQ, RIST or RST error correction; outputs UDP or RTP IP video-audio stream.
• Advanced error corrections ARQ, RIST, RST maintain video transport quality despite packet loss, reordering, and duplication.
• Advanced packet pacing & configurable jitter buffer eliminates and handles large packet bursts.
• Includes Web interface for complete system control, monitoring, and configuration.
Specifications: ADARQ-Tx and ADARQ-Rx
• 1 IEEE 802.3 100/10 Base-TX Ethernet (RJ-45)
IP Network Stream Conditioning & Error Correction (EC):
• QVidium patented ARQ error correction
• QVidium packet pacing
• IP Encapsulation: RTP/UDP/IP and UDP/IP
Configuration and Monitoring:
• Web setup & monitoring interface over IP network
• DC Power Input: 12 VDC, 5 A, 60 Watts average
• Auto sensing AC power adapter included
• Dimensions: 7.7”(W) x 8.75” (D) x 2.5” (H)
• Dimensions (mm): 195 (W) x 222 (D) x 64 (H)
• Unit Weight: 3.0 lbs (1.36 Kg)
• Operating temperature: 0 to 50 C
• Operating humidity: 0 to 90% R.H., non-condensing
• Non-operating temperature: -20 to 70 C
• Non-operating humidity: 0 to 95% R.H., non-condensing
• Parts and labor: 1-year
ADARQ-Tx – IP transmitter with UDP or RTP IP input and ARQ, RIST, RST outputs
ADARQ-Rx – IP receiver with ARQ, RIST, RST inputs and UDP or RTP IP output
ADARQ-Server – IP receiver/transmitter with up to 20 ARQ, RIST, RST streams