Up to 6 ASI-to-IP or IP-to-ASI converters, user selectable
6 bi-directional ASI ports, 2 GigE ports
Up to 16 IP inputs, up to 16 IP outputs
Up to 6 ASI inputs/outputs
ASI and IP redundant switching
ASI and IP streams replication
The NOVUS-GW IP-ASI Gateway is a high performance real-time MPEG video processing solution that supports bi-direcional Transport Stream encapsulation to and from IP as standard.
The NOVUS-GW has been designed to meet the demanding requirements of post-production, Contribution and Distribution applications enabling multiple MPEG transport streams to be transported through Gigabit Ethernet connections over an IP network.
The NOVUS-GW is fully bi-directional in both the ASI and IP domain and can be software licensed to enable enhanced Transport Stream processing functions.
State of the art processing combined with the unique Mediastorm processing core enables new system architectures to be created allowing content to be freely distributed over IP networks.
• Contribution and Distribution: interfacing traditional MPEG equipment with IP networks for transport.
• Video Distribution over IP backbones.
• IP to ASI adaptation for devices such as receivers, IRDs, etc.
• IP and ASI protection switching.
If desired, up to 3 units can be installed in a 1RU rack mount tray, providing 18-channel ASI-to-IP or IP-to-ASI conversion.
Rack mount 1RU Tray
Holds up to 3 NOVUS-GW units
(up to 18 ASI-to-IP or IP-to-ASI converters)
The NOVUS-GW is able to output a single transport stream over any ASI or IP output port. The flexible design allows up to 6 transports streams to be processed on one unit.
- ASI to IP encapsulation or IP to ASI de-encapsulation
- Up to 6 ASI ports. Each port can be individually configured by a customer as input or output. Each port supports the full ASI line rate of 213 Mb/s.
- Up to 2 100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet ports, capable of transmitting and receiving
- Up to 8 simultaneous transmit and receive streams per Ethernet port.
- UDP/RTP support for Ethernet transmission/reception
- IP transmission using unicast or multicast
- Advanced redundancy features.
- Very low latency (under 4 milliseconds for ASI content).
- Advanced IP de-jitter features.
- Internal stream replication – any input to the NOVUS-GW can be internally connected to up to 8 outputs.
- Independent redundant control ports. Management and control via DashBoard Network Control and Monitoring Software.
- Multicast IGMP v1,v2 and v3 support
TRANSPORT STREAM INTERFACE
- 6 bidirectional DVB ASI Interfaces (75 ohm BNC)
NETWORK I/O INTERFACE
- 2x 100/1000Base-T RJ-45 ports
- IPv4,UDP & RTP
- 900Mbit/s usable GbE per Rx port
- 900Mbit/s usable GbE per Tx port
- 600Mbit/s maximum processing per card
- 213Mbit/s maximum ASI TS bit rate per port
- Ethernet MTU Length <1500 (IPv4)
FEATURES ASI and IP circuit protection
- Advanced Redundancy Features
- Advanced buffer management
- Low latency and Jitter controls
- All features software upgradable
MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
- 2 x 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Configuration import/export
- Visual fault warning
- In-band and out-of-band control
- SNMP v1,v2
- Startup to streaming in under 20 sec
PHYSICAL & POWER
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 163 x 400 x 44mm
- Desktop or 1RU tray available (3 units/tray)
- Power: 12 Watts
- Power Supply: Input 100-250 VAC 47-63Hz, Self cooled 15W max
- Operating Temperature: 0°Cto 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- CE: CE marked in accordance with 93/68/EEC (22/07/03) Directive
- UL: UL approval
- US FCC: Part 15
- EMC: EN55022, EN55024, EN6100-3-2
NOVUS-GW-X – IP-ASI Gateway with (X) ASI ports activated.
Please specify “X” in the range from 1 to 6.